Discussion questions response | Philosophy homework help
Please post a scholarly reply that are a minimum of 200 words each.
There are 3 different posts below. Read and come up with minimum 200 words, scholarly written to each of them.
It is NOT required that every question or point be analyzed; more focused discussions on one or more central points are encouraged.
Article Topic: The Role of Succession Planning, and Leadership Development in Business Continuity and Global Expansion of Family-Owned Businesses in Nigeria
1. The purpose of this study is to explore to what extent leadership succession planning would be helpful in ensuring the continuity of family firms in Southeast Nigeria. The study would also determine how such leadership succession planning would ensure global competitiveness and expansion of these businesses. This writeup will explore current leadership succession practices in the Nigerian business environment to detect series of gaps in leadership development and succession planning. Despite these failures, this study will seek to identify how successful leadership development processes resulted in successful transition, growth, and expansion of their businesses.
a. Is leadership succession planning helpful in ensuring the continuity of family businesses?
b. Would leadership succession planning guarantee the survival of family-owned businesses in Nigeria?
1. Ample evidence worldwide discloses that less than one third of the family firm population seems to succeed in managing an effective succession process and reaching intergenerational transition (Umans, Lybaert, Steijvers, & Voordeckers, 2021). The purpose of this study is to establish the veracity of this claim by studying if family firms in Southeastern Nigeria, are collapsing because they lack leadership succession planning process and the different approaches that may remedy the situation.
a. Is successful longevity guaranteed by investing in an effectively implemented leadership succession planning process?
2. The purpose of this study is to examine relationship early identification of a successor, mentorship and the successor’s interest have on successful leadership succession planning process. Onyeukwu & Jekelle (2019) argued that once the successors who share the same interest with the founders are identified earlier enough, and mentored, there will be a successful leadership succession process. This document will try to understand the impact of globalization and training these successors with global leadership competencies will encourage global networking, expansion, and growth.
a. What constitutes the appropriate timing and what kind of mentorship is required for successful global leadership development and succession planning process?
3. The purpose of this study is to investigate if high-quality family and non-family relationships have significant impacts on leadership succession planning in Southeast Nigeria. Umans et al., (2021) by drawing on relational systems theory and the socioemotional wealth framework, argued dynastic succession is positively related to the level of succession planning in a family firm.
a. Is socioemotional wealth (SEW) an important point of reference for decision-making in family firms.
Goodson, P. (2016). Becoming an academic writer: 50 exercises for paced, productive, and powerful writing. Sage Publications
McGregor, S. (2018). Understanding and evaluating research: A critical guide. Sage Publications.
Onyeukwu, P., & Jekelle, H. E. (2019). Leadership Succession and Sustainability of Small Family-Owned Businesses in South East Nigeria. Open Journal of Business and Management, 7, 1207-1224. https://doi.org/10.4236/ojbm.2019.73085.
Pyrczak, F., & Tcherni-Buzzeo, M. (2019). Evaluating research in Academic journals: A practical guide to realistic evaluation. Routledge.
Umans, I., Lybaert, N., Steijvers, T., & Voordeckers, W. (2021). The influence of transgenerational succession intentions on the succession planning process: The moderating role of high-quality relationships. Journal of Family Business Strategy, 12(2), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfbs.2018.12.002.
The purpose of the research topic is evaluating the adverse experiences for women leaders who aspire to chief executive officer positions in Global 500 firms. The literature reviews that I have done thus far have focused on cultural dynamics such as gender stereotypes, gender bias and cultural norms. Women leaders have faced systemic barriers that include the labyrinth, glass ceiling, glass cliff and glass escalator (Xiang et al., 2017). As I have continued doing research, my interest is refining to understanding the organizational attitude of men who are executives and their perceptions of women leaders. The research I have explored tends to analyze why there are not more executive women from the vantage point of behaviors that they need to exhibit to progress in their careers versus analyzing the impediments that women face (Elghandour, 2019).
1. The purpose of this study is to research the attitudes of men who are executive leaders in Global 500 companies about their perspective on the dearth of women executive leaders.
The quantitative study would examine attitudes by leveraging a survey of that asks questions regarding men’s perceptions of women leaders in executive roles.
1. The purpose of this study is to evaluate the willingness of organizations to evaluate the impediments to career progression of women leaders in executive leadership positions.
The quantitative study would need to analyze the sentiment of numerous members of the firm to determine a comprehensive evaluation which would be prudent cultivate a larger data set.
1. The purpose of this study is to analyze the practices of multinational firms in developing promotional frameworks for women leaders who seek senior level positions.
The quantitative study would analyze the numerous practices related to existing frameworks, which would require understanding how many there are and what they accomplish.
1. The purpose of this study is to examine the barriers for women leaders seeking executive career advancement in multinational companies, and how companies are addressing the gender disparity between women and men.
The qualitative study could do interviews and focus groups with women leaders to gather whether they are impacted by various impediments within their organization. I think this could also be accomplished with a survey as well, so perhaps it could be a mixed method research analysis.
According to McGregor (2017) qualitative research and quantitative should align with language that informs the reader of which method is being used. I also found the exercise for this week’s assignment from Goodson (2017) helpful in creating the purpose statement by doing in the recommended ten-minute increments and not focusing on a definitive version.
Goodson, P. (2017). Becoming an academic writer: 50 exercises for paced, productive, and powerful writing. 2nd. (ed). Sage.
Elghandour, R. [TEDx]. (2019, December 11). Why bias, not behavior or ability, is holding women back [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/LHE_BtO8X_c
McGregor, S. L. T., (2018). Understanding and evaluating research: A critical guide. Sage.
Xiang, X., Ingram, J., M. A., & Cangemi, J. (2017). Barriers contributing to under-representation of women in high-level decision-making roles across selected countries. Organization Development Journal, 35(3), 91-106.
Q1:Describe your topic of your article from RES 7011. After reviewing McGregor (2018), particularly tables 8.2 and 8.3, and using Goodson exercise 31, craft several purpose statements (e.g., “the purpose/goal of the current study is to …”). Try to have at least one qualitatively phrased and another quantitatively phrased.
The topic of my article from RES 7011 – Research Critique discussed the importance of corporations to develop a global mindset in their US born leaders prior to these leaders being assigned a global virtual team. I was advised by my prior instructor for that course that this topic was too broad. I took heed and narrowed the scope down a bit. My topic has now evolved to exploring whether multinational corporations (MNCs) in the technology sector provide global culture awareness training for their US executives prior to their assignment of a global virtual team. After practicing exercise 31 in the Goodson (2016) text, I drafted four purpose statements listed below.
1. The purpose of this article will compare findings of global culture awareness training in the technology sector versus the hospitality sector
2. The purpose of this article will be to compare findings of employee satisfaction of global virtual teams reporting to US born versus non-US born executive leaders of MNCs
1. The purpose of this article is to identify whether global culture awareness training for US born executives of MNCs can increase employee satisfaction of global virtual teams
2. The purpose of this article is to identify the training US born executive leaders of MNCs in the technology industry receive prior to being assigned to lead global virtual teams
The abovementioned quantitative purpose statements reflect the research designs that McGregor (2018) classified as either comparative or survey (nonexperimental). The abovementioned qualitative purpose statements reflect the research designs that McGregor (2018) classified as either interpretive or investigative.
Q2: After reviewing McGregor (2018), particularly tables 8.2 and 8.3, write at least four possible empirical research questions that would follow each of your research proposal statements. Try to have some using qualitative language and others using quantitative language – and identify which is which and why.
Empirical research questions
1. How many multinational corporations in the technology sector versus the hospitality industry have global cultural awareness courses as part of their leadership development curriculum?
2. How different are the employee satisfaction survey scores of US born versus non-US born executives from their global virtual teams?
1. Does global culture awareness training for US born executives of MNCs increase employee satisfaction in their global virtual teams?
2. What types of training do US born executive leaders of MNCs in the technology industry receive prior to being assigned to lead global virtual teams?
I have put a lot of thought into several variables that I would like to consider for my research topic in the event there is a lack of adequate scholarly research. Some of those variables are: employee tenure, highest level of education, gender, age of the company, and years of experiencing working with global virtual teams. I think by having these variables ready I can be flexible with my research design. To keep my interest while writing my dissertation, I selected the abovementioned potential research questions because I think that data (employee satisfaction survey scores and/or leadership development curriculum) will be fairly easy to obtain. I am trying to be cognizant of leveraging pre-existing resources so it will be easier to measure improvement after solutions are implemented.
Goodson, P. (2016). Becoming an academic writer: 50 exercises for paced, productive, and powerful writing (2nd ed). Sage Publications.
McGregor, S. (2017). Understanding and evaluating research: A critical guide. Sage Publications.
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score better and meet your deadline.
Click Here to Make an Order Click Here to Hire a Writer