Relations and functions | MAT222 | Ashford University
In this discussion, you will be assigned two equations where you will complete a variety of math work related to mathematical functions. Read the following instructions in order and view the MAT222 Week 5 Discussion Example to complete this discussion. Please complete the following problems according to your assigned number. (Instructors will assign each student their number.)
#20 on pages 708 – 711
#28 on pages 719–723
For each of the above problems, do the following:
- For each of your equations, write down five (5) points on the graph of each equation (you do not have to submit your graph. Draw the graph using paper/pencil or use online graphing calculators like Desmos Graphing Calculator
- to answer the question).
- For each of your equation, does the graph of each equation have any intercepts? If yes, what are they? If not, why not?
- State the domain for each of your equations. Write them in interval notation.
- State the range for each of your equations. Write them in interval notation.
- State whether each of the equations is a function or not giving your reasons for the answer.
- Select one of your graphs and assume it has been shifted three units upward and four units to the left. Discuss how this transformation affects the equation by rewriting the equation to incorporate those numbers.
- Incorporate the following four math vocabulary words into your discussion. Use bold font to emphasize the words in your writing. Do not write definitions for the words; use them appropriately in sentences describing the thought behind your math work.
- Vertical Line test
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score better and meet your deadline.
Click Here to Make an Order Click Here to Hire a Writer