You may have heard of the diary of anne frank, a personal journal
You may have heard of The Diary of Anne Frank, a personal journal that brought to countless readers a young Jewish girl’s experience in hiding during the Holocaust. Those who read Anne Frank’s account learn the reality of genocide in a manner that brings to life the historical event.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, several organizations promoted journaling to encourage documentation of the experience of everyday life during a major historical event. Perhaps you or someone you know has kept a journal at some point. In this course, you will use an online journal to capture your ideas about social movements and history.
By Day 7
Write at least five substantial paragraphs (300-500 words) in response to the following:
- Select an individual you learned about in this week’s resources—someone who served as a leader in the civil rights movement. Explain why you believe they were an effective or ineffective leader.
- Describe one specific issue from within the civil rights movement (e.g., equal pay, access to transportation, access to education).
- Within the specific issue that you have chosen, describe what role violence played. Explain whether the violence was justified.
- Describe an example of a change that occurred with your chosen issue as a result of the civil rights movement.
Include at least three relevant quotes from this week’s resources that support your ideas. Place the quote inside quotation marks [“]. After the quote, include the chapter and page number where you found the quote within parentheses.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Click the Journal link.
- Click Create Journal Entry to create a new journal entry.
- Compose your entry and select Post Entry to post it to your Journal.
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score better and meet your deadline.
Click Here to Make an Order Click Here to Hire a Writer